Trying the product out before buying is always a good way to make sure you're not wasting any money on something you don't like. And if you're looking to get your next freebie fix, there are places where you can get great, quality samples. All it takes is a little know-how and perhaps even a keen eye. Here are some good sources for free samples:
- Supermarkets, superstores, and farmers markets. If you think that there's no such thing as a free lunch, you might change your mind when browsing the aisles of your supermarket or local Costco. The farmers market also offers plenty of free samples, so be sure to stop by to sample the wares.
- Pet-food suppliers. If you want to try a new brand of pet food but don't know if your pet will take to it, you can contact the manufacturers of the pet food brand and request a free sample from them.
- Sephora. Shop online at Sephora, and get free samples with every order. You get to pick from a wide range of beauty samples, which includes perfume and moisturizers.
- Conventions. There are usually a bunch of free samples you can receive at conventions, where sponsors are trying to lure in prospective customers. So be sure to keep your eyes peeled the next time you're attending one.
- Amazon. Want to sample a book? Check out Amazon, because the site lets you read the first chapter of ebooks for free before purchasing.
Read on for more.
- The streets. Sometimes when you're walking around town, retailers have street promotions, in which they hand out samples for new products or items they want to promote to test the response or spread publicity.
- Target. Visit Target's Sample Spot web page to see what samples it's giving away. The samples tend to be given out really quickly, so check back often.
- Walmart. This discount retailer is another great place to find freebies. Visit the Walmart In-Store section to see the available free samples. The current giveaway is of free samples of Airborne.
- Kmart. The Kmart Sample Center seems to have more free samples available than Walmart and Target. It is currently offering samples of a baby magazine, Airborne, Purex detergent, Lacoste fragrance, and more.
- Social media. By "liking" the Facebook page of your favorite retailers or following them on Twitter, you'll be the first to find out about cool samples they are giving away. For example, there's a promotion for a free appetizer or dessert at Chili's if you "like" its page.
Where do you get free samples?