26 Things You're Doing That Are Actually Annoying Your Co-Workers
Important: Everybody goofs up at the office. Maybe you said something you shouldn't have at last week's meeting, forgot to respond to an important email, or spilled tea all over your supervisor's pantsuit (eek). As an actual human rather than, say, Beyoncé, you're bound to have some mess-ups. No big deal.
The big slipups are easy to catch, but have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, you're making (minor) mistakes daily? Stuff you wouldn't even realize is totally irritating your colleagues. No? That's OK. We've laid it all out for you. Here's a massive list of things that are, without a doubt, annoying your officemates.
- Chewing loudly.
- Jangling bracelets.
- Telling inappropriate jokes.
- Making a mess in the microwave (for educational purposes, watch season five, episode nine of The Office).
- Shoving pics of your kid in everyone's faces.
- Eating something smelly at your desk.
- Coffee breath.
- Being overly political.
- Stealing someone else's lunch (note: *why the hell would you actually do this?*).
- Taking selfies on the job.
- Laughing obnoxiously.
- Yelling profanities.
- Letting food go bad in the fridge.
- Listening to music through your headphones so loudly, everyone around you can name the song.
- Being an unproductive team member.
- Putting strong-smelling air fresheners on your desk.
- Sharing way too much info about your sex life.
- Bragging about your vacation.
- Getting crumbs from your lunch all over.
- Acting like you know more than you actually do.
- Lifting weights at your desk.
- Not washing your hands after using the bathroom (come on, now).
- Spewing stuff from your self-help book.
- Pretending you're as cool as Amy Schumer.