2-Ingredient DIY Coffee Eye Serum For Dark Circles
We're going to tell you something you may not want to admit or hear. You're getting older. Gasp! We know. It may not be a surprise to think about it, but sometimes when you glance in the mirror you can see the effects. Dark circles under your eyes are inevitable, especially when you're working long hours, not sleeping enough, and trying to deal with whatever life throws your way.
Here's an inexpensive natural skincare DIY that will help reduce the dark circles and the puffiness around the eyes. The best part is, you only need two ingredients: almond oil (you can purchase at any corner pharmacy) and coffee grounds.
How does it work? The caffeine in the coffee improves circulation and in effect, diminishes the appearance of circles by plumping up the skin. The almond oil, which is loaded with vitamin E and A, is known to slow down UV damage. Here's how to make your own.
- Glass dropper bottle
- 7 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 3 tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 2 Glass jars (only one of these jars needs a lid)
- Rubber band
(Makes 1 batch)
- Step 1: Mix almond oil and coffee grounds together in a glass jar. Seal it with a lid.
- Step 2: Let the mixture sit for 72 hours. Shake the mixture occasionally.
- Step 3: Lay the cheesecloth over the second glass jar. Secure the cheesecloth in place by wrapping a rubber band around the jar and cheesecloth.
- Step 4: Pour the mixture onto the cheesecloth. Let the oil seep into the second jar. You may need to squeeze some of the oil out of the cheesecloth to get the last of it into the jar.
- Step 5: Carefully pour the oil into the glass dropper bottle.
Use the mixture every evening before bed. You’ll start seeing results in about two weeks.