- Remove Burnt Bits: If you have some burnt food stuck to your cookware, particularly glass ones, and you can't seem to get it off no matter how much you scrub, then try using Alka-Seltzer to remove the particles. Fill the cookware up with hot water, drop five seltzer tablets into it, and let it sit for an hour.
- Clean Your Toilet: Clean your toilet by adding two Alka-Seltzer tablets to the water and wait for it to stop fizzing before scrubbing it with a toilet brush.
- Unclog the Drain: Did your sink or bathtub clog up again? Drop four tablets down the hole and pour a cup of vinegar over them. Let it stand for a while before flushing it with boiling-hot water for five minutes.
- Clean Vessels: You may have a certain vessel-like object such as a vase or toothbrush holder that's hard to clean. Put two Alka-Seltzer tablets into it and fill it up with water.
- Polish Jewelry: Put two tablets in a bowl full of water and soak your jewelry in there. Wait for a few minutes, and your jewelry will look like new again.
- Clean the Coffeemaker: Put two to three tablets in the water and run a cycle after the tablets have dissolved. Run another cycle with fresh water so that no Alka-Seltzer residue is left in your machine.
- Whiten Clothes and Linens: Soak your white clothes or linens in warm water and two Alka-Seltzer tablets for 30 minutes to whiten them.