Better Understand People With Anxiety by Reading These 13 Things
Anxiety is more than just a feeling, it's a real condition that people cope with every day. If someone close to you deals with anxiety and panic attacks, it can sometimes be hard for you to understand, especially if you don't deal with it yourself. There are so many ways you can help, but the first step is to understand where your loved one is coming from. Here's some important and honest things that people with anxiety want you to understand.
- I never know when it's going to hit me, but when it does I need you to be there for me.
- Anxiety does not define me, so there's no need to bring it up all the time.
- There are a few different types of anxiety, and symptoms can be shown in different ways.
- When I isolate myself from you, I'm not trying to push you away. I just need space.
- Sometimes a panic attack can be physically exhausting, and I can get really tired from having one.
- I can't help but overanalyze situations, but know that it's not intentional.
- There will be times when I'm experiencing bad anxiety and you won't even know it.
- I truly am trying my best to control my anxiety, it's not easy to make it go away.
- It's easy for me to get overwhelmed, and sometimes I need a second to breathe.
- Certain breathing techniques or mental exercises don't necessarily help.
- Getting nervous or stressed and having anxiety disorder are two very different things.
- Medication doesn't necessarily make anxiety disappear.
- Just knowing that you are there for me and supportive can really help.