Over the weekend, I got a chance to check out an amazing musical double feature: The English Beat and Squeeze. Both bands were rockin' my socks off, but the geek in me was particularly entertained by Squeeze. Why? Well, they not only used an iPad on stage to prompt their set list (instead of you know, pen and paper), but the keyboardist played an entire solo with a virtual piano on his own iPad.
I had never seen someone tickle the virtual keys quite like this guy before! Really, it just goes to show you how technology is influencing music and media today, but it also proves how versatile this little tablet really is. In fact, there's a number of ways to use your iPad, besides just surfing your favorite blogs and websites. I'll show you a few examples after the break.
- Turn your iPad into a virtual canvas
- Read books from the iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, or Amazon.
- Entertain the kiddies (or yourself) with a few fun apps.
- Use it as your car's in-dash entertainment unit
- An iPad can act as your shop's point of sale.
- Turn it into a secondary monitor to accompany your desktop computer.
- Download some cool games and make it your on-the-go gaming console.
- With the right case or stand, it can be your portable entertainment center.