We've covered 2011 over the past few weeks, but now it's time to take a look forward and get excited about the gadgets of the future. What's coming up in 2012? Here, six gadgets we can't wait to get our hands on.
- Nokia Lumia 800 — I love the Windows Phone Mango OS, and the Nokia Lumia 800 seems to be the perfect marriage between style and function. Expect to hear more about the US arrival of the Lumia 800 at the 2012 CES conference.
- Windows Tablets — Speaking of Windows, once Windows 8 ships in 2012, we can also expect to see lots of tablets running the sleek "Metro" interface that works so well on Windows phones and the Xbox 360.
- Apple TV — Steve Jobs told Walter Isaacson that he "cracked" the TV in his biography. Will we see a TV from the company, complete with some sort of Siri-based voice controls? One can only hope.
- iPhone 5 — Since we're talking Apple, let's mention the iPhone 5. While we didn't get the "radically redesigned" device in October, all eyes are set on the Fall of 2012 to see a brand-new iPhone design with 4G, a bigger screen, and a recently rumored built-in rubber bumper.
- Wii U — Announced at this year's E3, the Wii U will bring the touchscreen to gaming. The Wii U is expected in the latter half of 2012, but keep your eyes and ears peeled at the 2012 E3 conference for more details.
- 15-inch MacBook Air — Eleven and 13 inches too small for your liking? Rumor has it, there might be a 15-inch travel-friendly MacBook Air hitting the scene in 2012, or a redesigned 15-inch MacBook Pro coming with high-res screens and lighter bodies.
Image Source: Getty