There's a game of the moment, and in case you haven't heard of it, it's called Candy Crush Saga. People just can't get enough of it. From teens to grandmas, everyone is talking about it, playing it — and tweeting about it.
For those unfamiliar, here's the lowdown: you can play it on Facebook or download the app for free. It's kind of like a game of Tetris, except you move candy pieces around in order to line up three of the same kind. Once you make a row, the candies disappear and make room for more. You only get five lives to pass a level before you're locked out of the game for 30 minutes. Of course, you can always buy more lives and more moves in order to play without interruption.
As with all popular games, there are fans and there are superfans. Here, we're bringing you tweets from self-proclaimed addicts that will either make you want to play the game yourself — or run far from it.
Is it bad that when I shut my eyes all I can see is exploding sweets #CandyCrushAddict
— Sam Patterson (@SamPatterson92) May 8, 2013
It's a Candy Crush coma.
Me on level 65 of Candy Crush Saga pic.twitter.com/Xp7iUGe1Ho
— TKOM ☮ (@TokinKindOfMom) July 2, 2013
95% of my life is spent playing candy crush and the other 5% is me waiting for more lives so i can play more Candy Crush.
— Candy Crush Problems (@CandyCrushPrblm) June 12, 2013
Slowly but surely, it takes over.
Moms are addicted too, after the jump.
I've been playing candy crush for so long that i tried to mentally play it with my shower curtain pic.twitter.com/TvvVi0cfw5
— jesse mccartney. (@NatashaViicente) July 3, 2013
It haunts you in the shower.
my mom wouldn't cook me dinner earlier until she passed the candy crush level she was on. thanks mom.
— laura (@vivadrews) July 3, 2013
Even mom can't escape it.
Downloading Candy Crush the week before finals was probably the worst decision of my life #CandyCrushaddict
— Sarah Elizabeth (@SarahEJennings1) April 16, 2013
It ruins lives.
— Donna (@Stallion_2pt0) May 16, 2013
Church will never be the same.
— kaila tuvell (@kailatuvell) June 27, 2013