If you're house hunting, Craigslist can be a great resource for finding a sweet rental property. But once you're inside Craigslist, you usually have to click around Google Maps to find the whereabouts of online listings. Not anymore! Because a site called HousingMaps is a mashup of Craigslist and Google Maps — showing you listings on the right side (which you can click on for the actual posting) with locations on a map on the left. You can also narrow down searches by price and bedrooms. And if your city isn't on the list, you can also check out MapsKrieg, which works the same way and includes many more cities but doesn't list the listings like HousingMaps.
Have a great website you want to share with geeksugar readers? Share it when you
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!