I just love being able to transform a new photo into something that looks like it's from my grandmother's old photo box. I've already told you about Poladroid — the downloadable app that makes it quick and easy to make a photo look like a retro-chic Polaroid pic.
Well now there's a site called Rollip that is similar to Poladroid, but offers a few more customization options. There may be some extra steps involved, but it's free, and it allows you to choose from a variety of photo effects and select an artsy border design (with or without text).
Once your photo "develops," you can then download it, share it via email, Facebook, or MySpace and even purchase it as a real pic!
Found a cool website you want to tell people about? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!