Just moved to a new city or town? Or perhaps you're taking a business trip to a place you've never visited and you're trying to locate some decent restaurants and shopping areas. A recently launched site called TownMe will help you get acquainted with your new surroundings by showing you the best restaurants, bars, and businesses thanks to the "What's Near Me" search tool. I met with the founders yesterday (who food for thought, are two former Google employees) and learned all about this site and its useful features.
Umm hello?! It even has a section under tools where you can check out birthday deals in your city (free food and more!). Aside from discovering where the sugar daddies are located in your city, checking out what other people are tweeting about in your community, or where the best yoga studio is in your neighborhood, TownMe allows you to create your own info page or edit someone else's so you can list out all of your local faves to share with the community as well.
Have an interesting website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click "New Post" under the website of the day tab at the top of the page.
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Type "Technology and Gadgets" in the Categories box
- Add keyword(s) in the tag field with relevant tags (for example mine for this story was "Website of the Day").
- Choose whether you want the post to be private or public.
- Click "Create Post" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the GeekSugar homepage!