Although Starbucks has just rolled out free WiFi, I still need to know where free WiFi access points are when I hit my two-hour-per-day max at Starbucks. I've showcased Hotspotr before, which is a community-driven site that lists WiFi cafes and hotspots, but did you know about Free Hotspot?
Free Hotspot will find the free WiFi locations closest to whatever address you provide — it's even international! What I like about it is the fact that it provides the name of the establishment, the address, the location type (bar, restaurant, etc), and the name of the wireless service you'll be connecting with. I took it for a test drive and so far so good!
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!