The Google blogspot has just announced an upgrade to Google Desktops—which basically helps you pimp out your personalized Google page even more. If you have Google Desktop 5.5 Beta, you can now add desktop gadgets on your iGoogle homepage from the iGoogle Content Directory. All you have to do is click "add it now", drag them where you want them and press shift to show or hide each gadget. I don't know about you, but I can never have too many weather, horoscope and to-do list gadgets on my iGoogle page! via MashableDo you know a great shortcut or tip you think geeksugar readers should know? Share it in our 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Geek tip")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you think this person is geeky, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky and start sharing your favorite tips! Your tricks just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!