Christian Nold, a London-based artist describes technology as such: "It is not the neutral, rational instrument that it is portrayed as; instead it appears to be a heady and unstable mix of authoritarian control and anarchic mischief." His project, which is called "emotional mapping" or "bio mapping," encourages volunteers to wear GPS devices and lie detector sensors while exploring various neighborhoods in cities across the world. This system is said to detect people's emotions as the data is combined with their accounts of what they felt and saw. From this compiled data, he hopes to offer a commentary on the subjective nature of reality. His first U.S project brings him to San Francisco for five weeks where individuals will leisurely explore various areas of the city while mapping it with their emotions.To learn more about Christian and his interesting projects, click here.
Do you know of someone that should be my Geek of The Week? You can nominate that person by adding them to the Geek of the Week group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geek of the Week
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Geek of the Week")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you think this person is geeky, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Geek of the Week and share information about all of your favorite geeks – celebrity or non-celebrity! Your picks just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!