Traditionally, the bride and groom share gifts to celebrate their marriage — and for those of you who plan to marry a fellow geek, we've gathered some original, thoughtful present ideas to help you check off one more to-do. Here are 10 creative options for your geeky groom, whether he's a lifelong gaming nerd or an enthusiastic amateur photographer:
- Signed paraphernalia: Whether it's a movie poster for a film he's seen a hundred times (ahem, Star Wars) or the jacket of a book by his favorite author (Douglas Adams perhaps?), a signed item can make for a personal, unexpected gift he may not think to buy himself.
- High-tech fitness gear: If your groom likes to stay fit, give the Nike+ Fuelband ($149) to help him monitor his fitness. Even better? He'll love the competitive challenge that comes from the system's gamelike point system.
- Photography software: The latest Photoshop package might not seem like the most romantic gift option, but it's a product he'll use again and again. Plus what better way to ensure the most gorgeous honeymoon photos?
- Computer accessories: From cool wireless equipment to handy photo printers, new computer tools are a practical idea for a groom that's always glued to his laptop.
Keep reading for more creative gift ideas for the groom.
- Box of books: Pick up a hardcover version of a volume from his favorite series or find a nice coffee-table book to add to his collection. A great, cheeky add-on: Don'ts For Husbands ($5), a reissued book from 1913 with intriguing advice for a happy marriage.
- Gaming products: Give your guy the latest video game to hit the shelves, snag some fancy controllers, or sign him up for an Xbox Live subscription as a sweet surprise.
- Limited-edition comic book: Do a bit of research and seek out that can't-find-anywhere issue he's been looking for all year. Another idea: buy and decorate a nice scrapbook with plastic sleeves where he can store his most valuable comics.
- Camera accessories: If he's all about the photography, consider giving him a personalized camera strap ($59) or a sleek new lens.
- Personalized phone case: Upload some of your favorite snaps to create a cool Casetagram case or satisfy his '90s obsession with an old-school Game Boy case for his smartphone.
- Subscriptions: For a gift that keeps on giving, sign up your husband-to-be for a monthly subscription to some of his favorite publications. Whether it's Wired or Game Informer, it's sure to give him a quick pick-me-up each month.