When you've already scared yourself silly looking for ghost-hunting tips in sci-fi films, the next step is throwing an equally as spine-chilling Halloween shindig. From speakers that play hits straight from the ghost's mouth to the machinery that will create an eery atmosphere, here are the gadgets your ghoulish gathering needs.
From top left:
- Skull Speaker ($40) — Ghoulish tunes can't be heard from just any portable speaker.
- Candelabra ($18) — Set the scene with a flickering plug-in candelabra that would look at home in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.
- Mini Fog Machine ($48) — Turn the party's scary vibe up to 11 instantly by keeping a fog machine in the corner. Who's that behind the refreshments table? Likely a monster since the fog is just so thick!
- Smoking Cauldron ($32) — Set the scene for a witch's brew with this cauldron that creates a mysterious stew just by adding water.
- Animated Mummy Hand ($15) — Scare guests with creatures of the dark coming to life via robotic mummy hands.
And for some extra spooky flair, these not pictured gadgets could also bring new (undead) life to a standard get-together.
- Strobe Light String ($15) — Get a post-apocalyptic vibe, or at least make the room a level of disorienting only seen at discos, by hanging a string of strobe lights.
- Submersible LED Lights ($25) — Since mood is key for Halloween decor, make a drinks tub extra creepy by floating some amber-hued LED lights in the water.