If you haven't seen Star Wars: Clone Wars yet, then you probably haven't been properly introduced to Ahsoka Tano, the newest butt-kicking female to be ushered into the Star Wars family and who just so happens to be Anikin Skywalker's new headstrong apprentice!
I saw the movie recently, and had the pleasure of talking with Ashley Eckstein who voices Ahsoka in the animated flick, about her role in the franchise, what it was like to play such an enthusiastic character, and whether or not she's a bonified geek. You may know Ashley from the hit TV series That's So Raven as Muffy, but now? She's all about the action, baby! Check out my phone interview with the adorable Ashley, and since she's known for her voice, I thought I should let you hear it! Click on the audio files to hear her answers.
1. Did you ever think you would be making a Star Wars movie?
2. Were you intimidated following the other two major female characters coming into the role?
To hear the rest of the interview, just
3. Did you draw any inspiration from past characters to mold Ahsoka into what she became?
4. There has been some feedback from Star Wars fans that your character was annoying or didn't need to be there. Do you have any response to those people, or anything you'd like to say to them?
5. Will you continue to voice Ahsoka in the TV series?
6. Do you find it difficult to voice a character in a sound booth, rather than having other actors, sets and costumes to play off of?
7. Are you alone in the sound booth, or do you frequently have other characters coming in to play off of each other?
8. Do you see the action on screen, or do you do your voice work before the scene is animated?
9. Do you consider yourself a geek?
10. Of course, I had to ask Ashley my geeky rapid fire questions! Hear about what phone she rocks, and if she's an Apple or PC type of girl!