It's not rocket science that people love music, and they love it even more when they can listen to high-quality tracks for free online. If you thought 8tracks was a sweet site, head on over to Lala where you'll find over six million songs to play. The way it works is, you sign up for an account and create your own online playlist (which you can access from anywhere). You can then play any song or album once for free, purchase a web song for 10 cents (with unlimited online plays), or download the MP3 version for 79 cents.
If you upload your own tunes to Lala you can always have access to them and when you sign up, you get 50 free web songs with unlimited listens. The sound quality of the tunes is exceptional, and the interface is really clean and easy to use — you can even follow people like Twitter.
Do you have a cool site like this you want to share with geeksugar readers? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!