Oh, I have seen (and posted) my share of ludicrously priced items on geek — not to mention goofy tech accessories that live up to the authentic geek name. Either way, I think we all wonder: who would buy that?!
If you know anyone who is dangerously close to making a silly purchase, do direct them to Maybe You Shouldn't Buy That. Full of head-scratching products that leave you wondering not just who'd buy it, but whose genius idea it was to make it (my fave: the iPod Dock Toilet Paper Holder), the website will make you feel better about justifying a new cell phone or another pair of new shoes.
Found a cool website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!