Post-holiday, after spending more time with my family than I do all year, I've had plenty of time to reflect on this zany group of people. While I was certainly ready to come back to my own life after the holidays were over, there really is no place like home. And it wouldn't be home without most of my family members asking for tech help in one way or another (of course!). Here's a look back at some of my favorite funny family tech stories.
- My mom learned how to make emoticons on IM. It might have been accidental, but mom finally discovered how to make those cute smiley and frowny faces.
- Then she learned how to use Facebook, kind of. My mom doesn't waste time, so when she was faced with a few days at home and a stretch of free time, she decided to teach herself how to use Facebook. As soon as she uploaded a few photos she assumed I'd been checking them out.
To see a few more of my faves, just
- I taught my three-year-old niece and 81-year-old grandmother how to use the Wii. Call it a futuristic moment of family bonding, but teaching my family the Wii was one of the highlights of my holiday. I like that we're all able to enjoy technology together!
- My dad came up with a highly technical term for his email in-box. Luckily, I speak "dad" when it comes to computer questions.
- One reader's dad learned about "wiffy." Some vindication! My family isn't the only family that has geeky and hilarious moments. I love this story shared by reader GirlC. I love hearing about other funny family tech stories besides my own.
Are your parents or grandparents as tech-savvy as you? Do you have a funny story to share? Then tell us about it by posting to our Funny Tech Stories group! You (and your fam) could end up on GeekSugar.