Today is the first of two INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAYS a year, and in honor of the VERY LOUD (and somewhat controversial) HOLIDAY, I've rounded up seven situations where it's completely acceptable to use caps lock. Cause you know, sometimes you just need to.
- When your favorite sports team wins. Or heads to the postseason: GO GIANTS!
- To accentuate ONE word in a sentence, especially on Twitter or another occasion where italics are unavailable: Are you kidding me? Double Rainbow is the BEST viral video ever.
- Any reference to major WIN or FAIL: That bird video on PetSugar was a huge WIN.
- Three-letter abbreviations: OMG, WTF, FML, etc: OMG how is it possible that Lindsay Lohan is headed to court again?
See the rest of my acceptable caps lock situations AFTER THE BREAK.
- When words can't express how angry you are: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU AREN'T LISTENING TO WHAT I'M SAYING RIGHT NOW.
- If something really unfortunate happens: You got your car towed? That SUCKS.
- If you are a mom over the age of 45 writing an email to your kid, especially if you practice the "hunt-and-peck" typing method: HI HONEY, JUST WANTED TO SAY HI. LOVE MOM.
Am I missing any? Share your caps WINS below!