The next Wii console is officially called the Wii U and comes with the predicted 6.2-inch touchscreen controller that we reported earlier this week. Designed to get the entire family in on the gaming action, or just yourself, the Wii U can be used with your TV or by itself as a handheld controller. Not only that, the controller can also be used in conjunction with the games you're playing on your set, as a video chatting device, or as an extension of the web. You can even wirelessly move video from your controller to your TV set with a swipe of your finger. Coming in 2012, learn about some other features you can look forward to with the Wii U below, and see more photos here!
- The Wii U can automatically switch from the TV set to the controller without the need for switching inputs.
- It comes with two circle pads, control pads, gyroscope, two speakers, microphone, touchscreen, a camera, and trigger buttons.
- Games are wirelessly transmitted without lag.
- You can use the Wii U on the TV, on the controller, or both.
- Use the Wii U to share photos and videos, and browse the web.
- You can play the new Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U against a 3DS opponent.
- There will be a New Super Mario Bros. Mii that allows your Mii to play along with Mario.
- LEGO City Stories, an open world game, will come to the Wii U and 3DS.