These days, you live your life online. With digital profiles ranging from banking to social networking, keeping your accounts safe should be of the utmost importance. So why are you still using a lame password that any hacker (or creative thinker) could compromise? Changing your passwords on a regular basis and using unique phrases with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols for every website is ideal. I know you're thinking that you'll never remember all those different passwords, but creating hacker-proof passwords is easier than you think. Check out the quick tutorial below and set a reminder to change your passwords again in three months!
- Choose a phrase — This one time at band camp
- Change words to numbers — This 1 time at band camp
- Pick first letter of each word or number — T1TABC
- Add special characters — T1T@BC
- Customize by adding a suffix for each site you register with — (example: for Amazon) T1T@BCAMA