It's not only the best-selling Mac ever, but it's "one of the best ever products in the industry," says Steve — and it's about to get better. Where to begin?
- The price point of the MacBook is coming down! The entry price of the MacBook dropped from $1099 to $999! The 160 GB version is $1299, and the 250 GB is $1599.
- The body will be available in aluminum, just like the MacBook Pros and Air.
- They'll be built brick-style — that is, out of one piece — and will be half a pound lighter than the earlier MacBooks.
- They get the one-button glass trackpad and the corner-to-corner black glass display (hot!) like the new Pros.
- It's made and packaged in an environmentally responsible way; it finally got EPEAT Gold certification and is made with 42 percent less packaging.