Tesla announced the latest edition to its eco-friendly car lineup, the Model X, earlier this week. Staying true to its roots, the Model X will be sleek, powerful, and of course, easy on the planet, thanks to its all-electric motor. But more than just a pretty face, the Model X comes with some features you may not want to pass up. Check them out below and stay tuned for the Model X to hit the streets in 2014.
- All electric motor — Of course, the most attractive thing about the Model X is its ability to go 200 to 270 miles on a charge from its electric motor, omit zero emissions, and go from zero to 60 in just 4.4 seconds. It's an eco lover's dream!
- It's big enough for the family — Seating seven adults, the Model X is perfect for a growing family or car-share commuters. Three rows make for an easy ride!
- Falcon Wings — You heard me right. Falcon Wings. Instead of sliding open like a minivan or swinging out like an SUV, the back doors on the Model X open up and out of the way to allow for more space to get in and out of the vehicle and to squeeze into narrow parking spaces. Easily one of the coolest things I've seen on a car.
- The dashboard — The front panel of the Model X comes with a massive touch screen display to provide GPS and battery information, entertainment, and lots more.
Why on earth would you have a reason to hate a car that looks like this? Find out after the break.
- The price — The Model X will start at $49,900 with options and upgrades, taking the price tag to $97,900. Ouch! Plus, you'll have to wait until 2014 to actually drive the thing. That's just painful.