This week, more details about the forthcoming Verizon iPhone, a few good finds at Macworld, and one geek-tastic tattoo for one tech-savvy rapper. Here's a roundup of what you may have missed this week on GeekSugar.
- More details (including launch information) about the Verizon iPhone! Both new and existing Verizon customers can enjoy $30 data plans for unlimited data use (for a limited time) and $20 per month for wireless hotspot ability. And, current AT&T customers can receive a credit for turning in an old iPhone and switching to Verizon.
- So all of that is great, right? But based on everything we know about the iPhone 5, I really think it's worth waiting for.
- If the iPhone 5 doesn't have you completely excited, the iPad 2 might! Here's a quick roundup of everything we know about it.
- Apparently, Facebook makes us more social, so it's fortunate that the Pope decided that he supports social networking. Whew.
- In a sign of the times, the Razzies added a 3D category this year. . . here are five films you would have nominated.
- This year's Macworld may not be the biggest in history, but we did find a few favorites: a laptop sleeve/pillow hybrid, a new device for streaming TV to your portable devices, and a cool solar charger for any gadget. Also not to be missed: the TV Hat (trust me, you have to check it out).
- Finishing out the week: T-Pain's new tattoo. This one really speaks for itself.