With the recent outbreak of the swine flu virus — which continues to grow in numbers across the US and internationally — many have taken to the Internet to get answers and updates about this public health emergency.
To help you get a local perspective on what is happening on all health fronts in your city, a site called Sick City tracks Twitter (Facebook coming soon) for any mentions of disease in a particular area. This real time disease and illness site tracks info and presents it over time through graphs and maps. To test it out, click on your city to see which health conditions are being reported in your region.
Found a cool website you'd like to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!