With Twitter hitting the ten million mark for total users, that's a lot of tweets hitting the world wide web. Often times, these tweets are filled with personal info and other random tidbits of info — there are even some avid celebrity Twitterers!
If you want to search through the millions of tweets on Twitter for something in particular, a new Twitter search engine called Tweefind is at your service. Mashable explains how this site ranks Tweets similar to how Google does with its PageRank system. Tweet search results are determined by things like number of followers, number of tweets, number of replies and the number of times distinct users retweet.
Found a cool website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!