In case you didn't know, today is Black Friday, as in the day after Thanksgiving and the traditional opener of the Christmas shopping season!
Many stores opened crazy early — I'm talking 4 am — and will offer jaw dropping deals on gadgets and gizmos all day. For a one stop guide to all things regarding this special day in the life of a gadget lover, check out the Official Black Friday website, which features alerts about hot deals, special promotional items that will be offered at select stores and message boards where you can share your Black Friday tips and tricks.
My top five tips for Black Friday:
1. Get there early, or go the night before for a special wrist band so you can get in (stores like Best Buy typically give out wrist bands around midnight). 2. Pack snacks and water. You'll need them. 3. Bring a camera or camera phone and take pictures of items at different stores for comparison before you buy. 4. Make a list of things you actually need. 5. Plan your store route.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!