My grammar may not be perfect, but I loathe messy quote marks and grammatical errors on menus, posters and fliers. Last week I fell in love with The "blog" of "unnecessary" quotation marks, which is an entire site dedicated to making fun of awful punctuation.
The creator of the site doesn't claim to be a grammar expert, she just thinks it’s funny to misinterpret quote marks. She and her friends have taken pictures of hilarious signs, menus and other documents with unnecessary quote marks all over the world and she invites readers to send in their submissions via email or comment. It's "awesome."
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, follow the steps below.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!