Website Of The Day: Crusher
We can't all take the time to create 25+ decadent handmade invites the way PartySugar does, so some of us have to take the techie route (although I'll admit it, PartySugar's invites are always nicer than mine!)
If you've used Evite you know it's a pretty straightforward set up. You make a blanket invite, invite friends via their e-mail addresses and let people RSVP, make comments and see who else is coming via your online invitation. The site is all good and dandy, but not without some bugs and a small army of distracting ads.
Crusher (the url is actually Crush3r.com) is a simple, toned down version of Evite sans the ads. It was created by an independent group of designer/developers in the Bay area. "We're simply trying to do things better than the bigger monkeys, and the big gorilla," says the team. Crusher allows you to send invites to your events and events you go to so your friends will always be in the loop. You can request that your friends RSVP or simply invite people to your page. Your guests aren't required to sign up.
To read the rest of my review and check out sample invites,
My favorite feature, which is lacking on most of the invite community sites, is the fact that there is a "best date" feature that allows you to find out which calendar dates your friends prefer before deciding when to have the big day. It's simple and genius. Customize your page, or use their simple templates like the ones below.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, see tips below.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!