Looking for a way to touch-up a digital picture, but don't have the time to fool around with Photoshop? With Improve Your Images, all you have to do is upload a jpeg image from your computer and an online tool will restore true original colors, correct color temperature and adjust your image for poor lighting. I tried it out with two separate images and got varying results with both. The first was a mountain shot, which came out super bright because of my white balance camera settings. The second was a picture of me playing the piano in a poorly lit living room. When I submitted the first one to be improved, I didn't notice much of a change, whereas the second one was totally transformed. It's free so you might as well give it a try! To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!