I never really got into the whole "texting via the net" thing, even though it's usually free and easy to use. Thankfully web-based text messaging services are getting more sophisticated by adding more features and functionality.
Joopz for instance allows internet text messages (SMS) to any mobile phone in the U.S. and Canada for free, while enabling recipients to respond directly to the originating PC or Mac. What's unique about this service is its ability to schedule messages, text reminders, forward conversations from the web to your cell phone, and send messages to groups and reply to their replies. Yes, you can have conversations via text with all your friends at once! A real-time history of all your conversations will be saved and each SMS is just like a phone call — instantaneous and rings like an actual text.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!