I love Last FM for many reasons. The first being that like geeksugar, it was nominated for a Webby last week because it's just plain great. The second, being that the site offers an alternative to downloading music onto your computer and a forum to meet people that love all different types of music.
How does it work? You listen to your music with your computer's music player or your iPod and Last.fm "scrobbles" your playlists, which means every song you listen to with Last.fm becomes part of your music profile. In essence, the site keeps track of what music you listen to, and then produces a large number of features personalized to you.
After that you can create personal music charts automatically, find your "musical soul mates," generate a personal radio station and see what your friends are listening to. The site is free. To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and start information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the Geeksugar homepage!