Ever since I shared sites like Dogster and Fido Finder, I've realized that I need to cater to my feline friends as well. United Cats is a social network for cat owners who want to create online profiles for their cat by attaching pictures (I'm sure Wii Kitty pictures are a hit), and who want to take a look at other cats, post comments and communicate with other cat lovers. This free site basically lets you create a mini website for your cat where you can include information like its breed, favorite food, date of birth, etc. A great site to learn tips and tricks about cats as well! To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!