I know I know, with posts like Buy Your Friend A Drink, Mappy Hour and now this one, you're probably thinking that geeksugar is quite the boozer. It's not that I'm a happy hour fanatic, it's just that I have a duty to bring you the most useful and interesting websites on the net - which just happen to be these ones. *wink* *wink*
Thanks to TeamSugar user atkoester for submitting one of her favorite websites - Unthirsty. "For those of you who live by the rule: 'It's five o'clock somewhere,' UnThirsty is a Google maps mashup that will locate your nearest happy hour locale happening right and also give you info on any food specials, outdoor seating, and Wi-Fi hotspots at each watering-hole," says atkoester. A site that can tell me where to find a drink special and surf the net? I'll back that up in my permanent memory files.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!