There's a good portion of you that are already reading entire books on your iPhone, but there's also a majority of you who are still on the fence about reading from an electronic device. Well, have I got the ideal "baby steps" approach for you!
I came across a new site on DownloadSquad called Wordds that features articles (which people can vote on) and breaks them up into word counts. Each category of articles (1,000, 2,500, 5,000, or 10,000 words) tells you how long it will take to read a particular story — whether it be three to five minutes or five to seven minutes — so you know how long you'll be glued to your screen.
The only big pitfall I see right now is the fact that you can't find stories by topic, which I'm assuming will come later.
Found a cool website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group,
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!