If you're on the fence about canceling your cable, YouTube just gave you one reason to finally do it. The company announced YouTube TV, a new streaming service that brings you plenty of your favorite cable shows for only $35 a month.
With your YouTube TV subscription, you get:
- Live TV streaming: The service will include live TV from ABC, CBS, NBC, The CW, ESPN, CSN, Fox, USA, FX, E!, Bravo, and 33 other networks.
- Localized news and weather reports: YouTube is partnering with local TV stations so that you can still find out the latest news that's relevant to you.
- A family plan: In just one subscription, six people can be added to an account, each with their own personal DVR. Three people can watch at the same time.
- Unlimited DVR storage: Record your favorite shows and never worry about running out of space! You can keep recordings of shows for up to nine months.
- Watch across several devices: Watch on your TV, phone, or tablet or cast it with Google Chromecast or a Chromecast built-in TV.
- Access to YouTube's own original content: A YouTube TV subscription lets you watch any of the original shows and movies from YouTube Red.
- An amazing price: All of this is available for $35 a month. You can also add Showtime and Fox Soccer Plus for "an additional charge."
No official word yet on when YouTube TV will be available.