The iPhone 5 was announced yesterday, and while speculation over the Summer prepared us for great things, we're still excited to officially know all the features and upgrades of Apple's new smartphone. Although you can score the iPhone 4 and 4S for a great deal, the iPhone 5 may be just what you're looking for in a mobile experience; read on for why you should purchase the newest iPhone.
- Bigger and better: The Retina display on the iPhone 5 is taller than its 4S predecessor, with a four-inch display, allowing for a fifth row of icons to easily access your favorite apps from the homepage and watch video in full-screen mode. The screen is also the first Retina display with integrated touch technology, meaning more clarity than ever before. Plus, the new glass and aluminum exterior is a slick change that'll feel at home in your hand.
- Faster wireless: With super-fast LTE wireless connectivity you can browse, download, and stream content at remarkable speeds on the iPhone 5.
Keep reading for more reasons to buy the new iPhone 5!
- Lighter and thinner: It may be bigger than before, but the iPhone 5 is 20 percent lighter and 18 percent thinner than the iPhone 4S, which Apple also claims makes it "the world's thinnest smartphone."
- Improved battery life: You rely on your smartphone for almost everything, so a long battery life is crucial. Although the iPhone 5 has advanced features, like the A6 chip, that are built for speed, Apple claims the battery life will last throughout the day — up to eight hours of browsing and talk time and up to 10 hours of video playback time. What's yet to be determined is how the battery will respond to fast-moving LTE browsing.
- Better camera: One of the most popular features of the iPhone just keeps getting better. The iSight camera technology has a new panorama feature and 1080p HD video recording. Let's not forget about the front-facing camera: the grainy image quality that made us dread FaceTime on the 4S is improved. FaceTime is a feature users can look forward to now thanks to the sharper quality and ability to use over a cellular network.
- Enhanced audio: The iPhone 5 also got an audio upgrade with three redesigned microphones, one on the front, back, and bottom for a clearer sound intended to eliminate background noise.
Still on the iPhone 5 fence? Check out our reasons to pass on the latest Apple gadget.