- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 large (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray, or line with paper liners.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar.
- Add yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla. Pulse until blended.
- Combine whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt mixture, and fold until almost blended. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide the batter (it will be thick) among the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until the edges and tops are golden, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Makes one dozen muffins.
- Breads, Desserts, Pastries
- 12 muffins
- Cook Time
- 30 mins
- Calories per serving