Dec 17 2016 - 11:55am
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled slightly
Clarified butter  or high-heat vegetable oil, for cooking
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in buttermilk and melted butter. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture until just combined (lumps are OK).
- Heat the oven to 200°F and place an oven-safe plate or baking dish inside. Heat a large, nonstick skillet on the stove top over medium heat. Melt 1/4 teaspoon of butter on skillet. Dollop 1/2 cup batter onto skillet; depending on the size of the skillet, it may fit 2-3 pancakes. Cook pancakes until bubbles rise to the surface and pop, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip pancakes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked pancakes to plate in the oven. Cover with foil. Repeat with more butter and remaining batter, until all pancakes are cooked.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- Makes 12 pancakes