I recommend using a nonstick pan for easier cleanup. I used a nonstick wok. The wide shape of the wok made it really easy to quickly stir in the cereal and transfer to the casserole dish.
3 tablespoons salted butter, plus more for greasing
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (10-ounce) packages marshmallows
6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
1 cup Lucky Charms marbits, for topping
- Lightly butter a spatula and a standard 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In large nonstick saucepan or wok, melt butter and salt over low heat. Add marshmallows, and stir occasionally until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Quickly stir until cereal is well coated.
- Pour and press into casserole dish until evenly distributed. Top with marbits. Cool for about 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Best if served the same day. Otherwise, store in an airtight container or plastic wrap for up to two days.
- 8 large marshmallow cereal treats
- Cook Time
- 1 hour