30 tiger shrimp
1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
1/2 cup coconut milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
3 12-inch French baguettes
3 tablespoons butter
Carrots, shredded and lightly pickled for an hour in sugar, white vinegar, salt, and pepper, to taste
Cucumber slices, 1/2-inch thick
Chili mayo (see below)
1 cup of Hellman's mayo
1 1/2 tablespoons sambal chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix mayo, sambal chili, sugar, salt, and pepper until combined. Set aside in fridge until use.
- Clean and butterfly shrimp, and set aside in fridge on top of ice.
- Pickle carrots, slice cucumber, and pick cilantro leaves.
- Cut baguettes into six 6-inch servings.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay coconut flakes on a 1/4 sheet pan, and toast until lightly brown, 4 to 8 minutes, while turning. Set aside to cool.
- Using a toaster oven, split bread in half, and lightly toast until crisp brown.
- Spread chili mayo on both sides of bread, and lay sliced cucumbers, pickled carrots, and cilantro.
- In a medium pan, heat butter and lightly sear shrimp with butter, salt, and pepper. Slowly add coconut milk to caramelize.
- Place five shrimp per sandwich, add toasted coconut flakes, and enjoy!
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- Other Asian
- Serves 6