- Oil, for greasing muffin tin
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup applesauce, no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
- Mix the almond meal, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In a separate medium-size mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the bananas, applesauce, and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix, then spoon the batter into the wells of the greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of each muffin comes out clean.
Source: Calorie Count 
- 12 muffins
- Calories per serving