- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large white potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems trimmed, coarsely chopped
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic, and cook until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in potato and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Add stock and 1 1/2 cups of water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in watercress. Return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among soup bowls, and squeeze a lemon wedge into each bowl. Serve immediately.
Source: Calorie Count 
- 2 servings
- Calories per serving