Use a cyclical Wilton Giant Cookie Pan  ($8) or a rectangular 9" x 13" pan for this recipe.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, softened at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (preferably pure cane sugar, like Zulka )
- 1 1/2 teaspoons molasses, like Grandma's 
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups frosting of choice (such as cream cheese frosting ), for garnish
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease pan with butter. In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. In another small bowl, mix sugar and molasses together using a fork.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium-high speed until creamy, about two minutes. Add sugar mixture and beat until smooth. Add egg, followed by vanilla extract, and beat until incorporated. Turn down mixer and slowly beat in flour mixture until dough forms. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Transfer cookie dough to pan and spread it evenly across, until it reaches the borders. Bake in the oven for 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, decorate cookie cake by piping frosting around the border using a star tip. Garnish with sprinkles.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- Serves 8 to 10
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes