For Versus Fall 2012, Donatella Versace and Christopher Kane took it to the streets of London, more specifically to the Camden underground scene.
For Versus Fall 2012, Donatella Versace and Christopher Kane took it to the streets of London, more specifically to the Camden underground scene. Translation: it's all about the tough girl with a confident punk attitude and a penchant for grittier, trippier silhouettes. Between the bright tie-dye prints and rocker-chick lace-up minidresses, we could tell that Versus was honing in on its playful spirit and younger edge. While the collection offered a solid lineup of minis, over-the-knee leather boots, shredded-front tees, and general punk-appropriate attire, there were also some super-structured leather outerwear that struck us as totally wearable, no matter your personal style preference. Although Donatella and Christopher combined rougher elements — rock music, teenage angst, and more — the result can be easily transitioned into a sexier cocktail look. See more Versus details below.
- Trends: Bright tie-dye-meets-ikat prints, lace-up minis, strong leather silhouettes, and rounded shoulders.
- Colors: Fuchsia, turquoise, yellow, black, burgundy, and midnight blue.
- Key Piece: The punk-rock minidresses that featured sequins, psychedelic prints, or lace-up details.
- Accessories: Boxy purses, over-the-knee leather rocker boots, and tough biker boots with colorful piping.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladies who aren't afraid of showing a little skin with more than just a little attitude, like Heidi Klum, Diane Kruger, and Mila Kunis.