Are you a passionate, talented writer or expert who wants to share your story? Become a member of the POPSUGAR Voices community and inspire women to lead their happiest, healthiest lives. We believe in the power of sharing your passions, interests, and diverse experiences. Write for us!
- Be honest and authentic, and let your personality come through in your writing.
- We welcome edgy topics, but please don’t resort to shock value.
- If you wouldn't say something to your subject’s face, don't write it.
- Your story should always provide a service to your reader.
- Be clever in your writing but not salacious or snarky.
- Use slang and abbreviations sparingly.
- Keep headlines and main images clean and safe for work.
- All submissions must be original content that you own the rights to and that hasn't been previously published.
- Please fact check your story and provide sources for all your info.
- You may include original photography, but it isn't required.
- Images must be high-resolution and be at least 1456 pixels wide.
- Submission of a post does not guarantee it will be published on POPSUGAR. Our team will reach out if we’d like to run your story!
What is the word count per post?
We're flexible on word count, but between 800-1200 words is a good place to start.
Do I send in a story idea or a full draft?
We ask that members submit a full draft for our editors to review in the Submissions section on the dashboard.
Will I hear back if my submission isn’t accepted?
Our editors are constantly reviewing submissions, so you should receive a notification within 30 days of completing a submissions, of whether your story has been accepted or not.
Do I need a special app or access?
Once you sign up, you’ll have access to our easy-to-use dashboard, where you’re able to build and submit your story.
Do I have to include photos?
Original photography isn't required, but if you’re submitting a story that could be enhanced with personal photos (such as a beauty review, before-and-after story, experiment, or DIY), it has a greater chance of being published if you include them.
Can I publish my content somewhere else after it has gone up on POPSUGAR?
We ask that writers don’t republish original content they write for POPSUGAR anywhere once it has been published on POPSUGAR. However, you are welcome to promote links to your content on POPSUGAR.com on your social accounts and/or personal blog.