Those stories and more, right here, in our daily news roundup.
- Michael Kors opened a store in Spain's capital last week, saying, "Madrid is a fantastic city, and I'm so glad to be a part of it." Take a look at the video of his store-opening party (above). [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Raf Simons isn't just working on his first collection for Dior. He's also signed on to revive his collaboration with Fred Perry. His new clothes for the golf brand will hit stores with Spring 2013 deliveries. His last stint with Perry lasted from 2008 to 2011. [Styleite]
- Purple Magazine's website recently debuted a redesign, and with it came an ecommerce component. Readers can now purchase products directly from the editorials featured on the site. [WWD]
- Queen Elizabeth II, who celebrates 60 years on the British throne this year, has worn some truly chic hats in her time: fascinators, cloche hats, and yes, even turbans. [Vanity Fair]
- Chioma Nnadi, fashion writer at Vogue, says Anna Wintour didn't mind that she was a little dressed-down for her job interview. "They called me and said can you come in this afternoon, and it was a Friday and I was wearing jeans. And I said, 'Well I'm wearing jeans . . .' and they asked that I came in anyway." [Garance Doré]
- A pregnant Sienna Miller was spotted out on the town in London with her fiancé, fellow actor Tom Sturridge, clad in a chic cream blazer with black lapels. [PopSugar]
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Jason Wu and Karlie Kloss will cocaptain a team for the annual New York AIDS Walk. The designer and the model, who attended the Met Gala together, will be joined by family and friends in an effort to raise money to fight the disease. "I'm so excited to be participating, and to be teaming up with Jason and all of our friends for such an incredible cause," Kloss said. [Modelinia]
- Some of Karl Lagerfeld's most memorable quotes have been turned into a t-shirt for the designer's eponymous line. English design agency I Love Dust formed quotes like "Sunglasses are like eyeshadow: They make everything look pretty and younger" into the shape of Lagerfeld's iconic face. [Refinery29]
- The veiled maroon beanie Stephen Jones designed for Raf Simons's second-to-last Jil Sander collection is now for sale on the Jil Sander website. The inventive topper goes for $440. [Racked]
- A new study conducted by model agent Ben Barry found that using very thin models in advertising can make women not want to shop. "Women will buy fashion when models convey a realistic, attainable image and make them feel confident," Barry wrote. [Fashion Etc.]
- Kelly Cutrone tweeted this week that one of her former assistants will be arrested for stealing from her public relations firm People's Revolution. Cutrone aimed this message at a private Twitter account. "@HussyChildPlz you better run cause you are going down CLOWN." [Styleite]