This creamy avocado banana smoothie is "the perfect natural pick-me-up," says Rich Goldstein, owner of the Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts. It's also a delicious way to protect your heart: the monosaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) in avocados and potassium in bananas all offer cardiovascular support, while cinnamon can help lower LDL cholesterol levels. Even better if you're watching your waistline: MUFAs have been shown to target belly fat, so sipping on this frosty low-calorie smoothie when the temperatures rise is a good idea.
Enjoy this creamy, dairy-free smoothie in the morning for breakfast or as part of a cooling lunch.
Related: How Much Avocado Is Too Much?
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Banana slices and crushed almonds for topping (optional)
- In a blender, combine bananas and coconut water. Puree until smooth.
- Add the following 6 ingredients, and continue to blend until smooth.
- Serve in frozen mug or glass. Top with banana and crushed nuts, if desired.
Source: Calorie Count
- Drinks, Smoothies
- 2 servings
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving